“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls–walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground–there is a possibility that in some way or another I may escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No. Never! I’d die first!”  
-Karl .G Maser
I think that this quote is important since your word means a lot. Giving someone your word is one of the most important promises you can make. Your should be a guarantee you will be there 100%. Since your word belongs to you it is your name that will suffer from falsifying your word. Also it is known that people need other people in order for them to survive so if you don't keep your promise you are killing someone .When people rely on you its is because you have done something to make them trust you. Trust is something that is earned. Trust is also something that is not meant to be just used anywhere. To give someone your word means that you trust yourself and you trust that those who trust you trust you . Remember its always better do the right thing than the wrong

Image result for Karl G. Maeser word of honor quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog